Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rider profile: Carly Gillard


Name: Carly Gillard

Home Town: Charlestown

Previous rides for Service: Nil

Any other mountain bike rides: Nil

Reason for participating in Barossa to Tamworth ride:
"Dad has been participating in helicopter rides for the last 12 years. I used to proudly watch him arrive home and think to myself “I would love to do something like this one day”. Recently I’ve had a career change which has given me the perfect opportunity to take up a challenge.
I think dad and my family and friends were initially quite shocked when I announced that I was going to do the Barossa ride - especially considering I didn’t even own a bike. But now I have shown that I am serious, everyone has been extremely supportive.
I am very excited to be taking part in this ride and so happy to be raising money for such a worthy cause."

4 comments:

  1. Good onya Carly! Best of luck - we'll be waiting with a cold one when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there..Carly Lou...You are the BEST..your dad's not bad either..Greg and I will be following you thoughout your massive oddessy!!!You go girl....Love Always...Bev ,Greg <Jacob and William

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay thank you! I'm very excited!
    There will be a lot of places where I won't have access to the internet but I will try to give updates as much as possible xx

    ReplyDelete