Monday, December 7, 2009

Rider profile: Phil Stewart

My name is Phil Stewart, the Chinaman. I was born and bred in Cardiff, but that’s another story. I am now a Kurri boy and proud of it.

I have been riding bikes for a good while now and I never seem to get any better. Maybe it’s the company I keep.

I have been riding for the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service since 1997, I was on the first organised ride out of Newcastle. Whilst I missed the very first ride in 1996 we did re-enact that ride (from Coolangatta) in 2006 so I have been on most if not all of the Cycle Classics out of Newcastle.

I also went on Barry’s very first ride out of Tamworth ten years ago so it’s great to be invited along for the tenth anniversary of that ride. I have been on one other Bash out of Tamworth and have been at Walch every year since it’s inception.

Along with a few of the die hards I have also raised funds for the Helicopter Service on rides from Perth, Cape York and Broome.

So I am looking forward to the Barossa Ride, spending a bit of time with Barry Walton up the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment