Monday, December 7, 2009

Rider profile: Martin Parker


I am a push bike rider rather than a cyclist, there is a difference. Blokes on pushbikes don’t take riding too seriously; it’s all about having a good time.

I’ve been on a ride for the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service every year since 1979. That’s where I first met Barry Walton, a great mate and a tireless worker for the Helicopter Service. I’ve made lots of good friends over the years on these sorts of rides.

Together with some of the Kurri Boys I have been on 12 West’s Cycle Classics out of the Hunter and two Mountain Bike Bashes out of Tamworth. We have also been up to Walcha for the last three years. I’ve also been lucky enough to join a few of the crew on rides from Perth, Cape York and Broome over recent years, again raising money for the Rescue Helicopter.

I’m looking forward to the Barossa Ride mainly to spend some time with Baz.I am a push bike rider rather than a cyclist, there is a difference. Blokes on pushbikes don’t take riding too seriously; it’s all about having a good time.

1 comment:

  1. You're so cool! I don't think I've read anything like this before. So good to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. Thanks for starting this up. BBheli Helikopterflug Zuerich

    ReplyDelete