Thursday, December 3, 2009

Rider profile: Jake Thomas


Name: Jake Thomas
Home town: Werris Creek

Previous rides for the service: Four

Any other mountain bike rides: Nil

Reason for participating in Barossa to Tamworth Ride:
" I started riding bikes in 2006 to get a bit of fitness and then I heard about Westpac Rescue Helicopter through my son who was having a few beers at the Calala Inn and he registerd me for the first ride in 2006 at Dubbo.
I've done three since then. I really enjoy the company of teh other riders and the experience and didn't hesitate when the opportunity to participate in the Barossa ride came up.
I have even convinced another rider from Werris Creek to sign on with me for Barossa."

1 comment:

  1. Jake, All the best for the trip, make sure you keep the fluids up (on and off the track). We are looking forward to following you throughout the trip on the blog so keep us posted (you may have to get someone to show you how to use it). We are proud of you, Craig and Jacinta

    ReplyDelete